Friday, January 7, 2011

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation Review

Another review plucked from MUA that I wrote in September 2009. Not sure what the price of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is now in Canada, I know it's $59+tax in the USA.

NC35-40. I wear shade 8 in the summer, shade 7 the rest of the year. It is a perfect match! I was traveling Europe in 2007, and I found myself in Selfridges in London, and I went to the Giorgio Armani counter to see what the brand had to offer, as I hadn't been to a GA counter in person before. I was recommended this foundation in 8, and I was tanned at the time, so it was perfect! I have fairly normal skin with a slightly oily t-zone, and this stuff lasts all day long on me! I don't even use a primer, I apply sunscreen and then this over top and it's just an awesome natural finish, not too dewy, not too matte, just awesome! I set with Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Sandstorm/004 (the power, not the powder foundation). Flawless.

I like the packaging, I think pump bottles are great, I use exactly 1 pump for my whole face, so I appreciate the pump for this product. I typically apply with a brush, but I find fingers are just as effective. I can't remember how many GBP I paid for this product in '07, but when I repurchased in shade 7 in Holt's, I think it was $57-58 CAD + tax, something like that. It is pricey, but it's also an HG item for me, so I obviously feel it's well worth it!

The other day, the SA at the Bobbi Brown counter told me I looked flawless and airbrushed! I have had friends and family tell me that I have flawless skin (not makeup, but skin!), so that's always a reason to keep a product in rotation in my opinion :) I really love this foundation and while I do experiment with other brands, this is my go-to product for a no-fail fresh face.

EDIT: Mar.6/2010. I believe the prices of Armani Cosmetics went up significantly @ Holt Renfrew. I believe this is $65 +tax now.

EDIT: October 2013. This foundation is now $66+tax at Armani Counters in Canada. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Excess Is Just My Character. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig